Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mixed reports for the opener....

Heard a wide variety of reports from around the area about the fishing this weekend for the opener. Overall, I heard about some nice size fish being caught, but it seemed that the fishing was fairly inconsistent and on the slow side. Some decent pre-spawn bass, and several nice pike among the reports that filtered in this afternoon/evening.

I took the opener off this year. I was prepping my "new" boat. After a little mishap with my beloved Starcraft two weeks ago, I upgraded a little. I'm now running a tiller Princecraft 169. I wanted a boat that was a little more kid friendly and a had a much bigger livewell for musky tournament fishing. I found a quality used model (actually my dad came across it.) I picked it up this weekend, and spent the day today mounting my electronics and other gear on the boat.

It's a much wider platform and will fish 3 much more comfortably than my older boat. Looking forward to doing some serious precision trolling for walleyes this season on Lac Labelle and Oconomowoc with slow death rigs, and the new boat is perfect for this job.

Looking forward to getting out. My open guiding dates start this week, so if you want to go out and hunt for some trophy bass...shoot me an email.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.